Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wilted Spinach Salad

This is my new favorite salad. It's a combination of something my mom made once, something I found on the internet, and something I largely improvised.

Ingredients for four small or two large salads:
  • 4 slices of bacon
  • 2 tbsp bacon grease reserved from said bacon
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper
  • spinach or spring mix
  • Stuff for your salad (I used black olives and sliced red bell pepper)
Cook the bacon until good and crunchy and reserve the 2 tbsp of grease. Crumble the bacon to be used on the salad. Make the dressing by combining the bacon grease, the sugar, the salt and pepper, and the vinegar. Zap it in the microwave until it's boiling, then pour it over the salad and serve immediately.

No comments: