Saturday, April 14, 2007

Darci's Tuna Salad

It seems like a dubious honor to have my own tuna salad, but it gets rave reviews. My friends won't make their own tuna when I'm around, and J once accidentally offended me by claiming that the best dish I prepare is tuna. He insisted that it was a compliment. So, here goes:

Combine a can of tuna with a large teaspoonish amount of mayonnaise and a forkful of relish. Add the following:

a few shakes of garlic powder

a few shakes of onion powder (and/or a palmful of dried minced onion)

a few shakes of basil, crushed

enough dill to create a thin layer over everything

many, many shakes of lemon pepper

When you can no longer see the tuna, you've got it all right. Stir together, and if you want to be really classy, add some grated apple. Otherwise, slap it on some bread and have an excellent tuna salad sandwich.

There it is, folks. My secret revealed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But I'd be willing to bet ten bucks it doesn't taste nearly as good when I make it.